Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Barcelona


Dave and I managed to get away for a long weekend to Barcelona. We left on Thursday for three nights. We visited Montjuic, see picture above, took a trip on a few cable cars and went to see the fountains at night. Dave had to attend a Spanish teachers conference on Friday and Saturday while I relaxed and stepped out of my comfort zone.

We had been there two years ago and I had done all the touristy sights then so this time I decided to visit Montserrat, a spectacularly beautiful Benedictine monastery/mountain retreat about one hour North West of Barcelona by train.

It was fantastic and felt good to be able to get there and back without my handsome Spanish speaking guide by my side although I did feel a bit lonely at times. I'd forgotten what a nice treat it is to have a few days together without the children.

No comments: