Friday, March 16, 2012

Ironing



Every week I have around 20 white shirts to iron, sometimes there's a few more, sometimes a few less. The exact amount usually depends on how many games of footy Joe and Fin have played at school (photo for explanation to follow). I usually hang them on the kitchen pulley to dry and they sit there until one of the kids or Dave announces "I have no shirt to wear" or granny visits. I tried to pay Mhairi to take responsibility for the ironing a few months ago and thought I was onto a winner after agreeing to pay her 20p per shirt. Unfortunately as I smiled smuggly to myself thinking I'd come up with the perfect solution she announced after ironing 2 shirts she'd had enough...I wish I could do that! Friday is my only day off work (well paid work anyway) and I thought I'd better get the ironing done today (groan) however, I always find myself doing anything to avoid the ironing so today I hoovered, cleaned the bathroom, went food shopping, paid some money into the bank, returned some library books, went to a ceilidh, had the boys home for lunch, read, went to work!, walked a friends dog, delivered some course posters for work, walked boys home from school, watched Joe's shinty match, cooked dinner and after all that guess what? 20 shirts are still hanging on the pulley and I've run out energy to do them today. Maybe tomorrow I'll feel more ready to plug the iron in...

No comments: