Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Friends

I was walking my friends dog this afternoon and got thinking about friends. I met Tess about 10 years ago. She's from London. She lives in Ullapool with a guy who was raised in Dundonnell (just round the coast). I have no idea how they met. She's friendly and good to talk to. We became better friends after starting to walk up the hill together. Sometimes we go for a run together. We have kids of similar ages. I have lots of friends. I have "kiddie" friends, "doggie" friends, "school gate" friends, "church" friends, "zumba" friends and many other kinds of friends. I have friends who i've known a long time. I have other friends who i've only just met. I have friends who i see every day. I have friends who i hardly ever see. I have friends who used to be close friends. I have friends who i have lost touch with and wonder how or where they are or what they're doing. Some of my friends would do anything they could to help me, others wouldn't go too far out of their way. I have a few friends who i hardly ever see, write or talk to but i know we are still friends. I have realised that the friends that i have the deepest friendship with are the ones whom i have had an opportunity to help in some way. For some that may be looking after their children, for others listening to their worries or working together in church or community groups. I am thankful for these opportunities to serve and hope that when i need help i do not deny them the opportunity to strengthen our friendship by not asking. Thanks for asking Tess!

No comments: