
Mhairi had her first experience of being "in the world but not of the world" this weekend. A few years ago Ullapool had their first music festival called Loopallu (Ullapool backwards) which has grown larger each year. So far we have resisted going along as we don't think it's appropriate to take the kids seeing as everyone I've seen was either buying or carrying lots of alcohol and being the Aberdonian that I am we're too tight to pay £100 for tickets. Most of Mhairi's class mates were going along this weekend and one of their mum's offered to take Mhairi along with her as kids under 12 go free. I said I'd consider it and let her know but after discussing it with Dave we decided not to let her go. She was a little disappointed but somehow we managed to talk her into a family dvd and some Hagen Daz instead. Hopefully when she goes to school tomorrow and her class mates still have their Loopallu wrist bands on she won't hate us too much.
No comments:
Post a Comment